Forbush-Man: Wedding Counselor!
This week’s F.O.O.M. Friday brings us a somewhat politically incorrect comic strip from F.O.O.M. #6.
Reading this strip at the tender age of twelve, I was for the first time made aware of the Scarlet Witch as a sexual being … which speaks volumes about the chaste way she was drawn in the Avengers back in 1974!
It is interesting to note that while a marriage between the Vision and the Scarlet Witch is played for laughs here, that very event would later mark a major Marvel storyline.
Anyone care to add last names to the the “Tony, Pat, Duffy and Paul & Alan K.” that are credited with creating this piece?
See you next week for another F.O.O.M. Friday!
- COMIC REEL: Olsen on Scarlet Witch, McDonough Wants To Return As Dum Dum Dugan (comicbookresources.com)
- Quicksilver, Scarlet Witch actors confirmed (tomcatproductions83.wordpress.com)
- “Avengers 2” Star Olsen Says Scarlet Witch “Is A Messed-Up Lady” (spinoff.comicbookresources.com)
- Elizabeth Olsen Says Scarlet Witch Is a “Messed Up Lady” (geektyrant.com)
- Marvelous Women: The Women of Marvel Comics (costumediscounters.com)
- It’s Marvel official: Elizabeth Olsen and Aaron Taylor-Johnson are the Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver in ‘Avengers’ sequel (insidemovies.ew.com)
- Marvel Confirms Elizabeth Olsen & Aaron Taylor-Johnson as Scarlet Witch & Quicksilver, Respectively (news.moviefone.com)
- ‘Godzilla’ star Elizabeth Olsen discusses ‘The Avengers Age of Ultron,’ Scarlet Witch, who is ‘messed up’ (theglobaldispatch.com)
- Elizabeth Olsen Describes ‘Messed Up’ Scarlet Witch in ‘Avengers 2′ (screenrant.com)
Posted on December 13, 2013, in FOOM Friday! and tagged Avengers, F.O.O.M., Scarlet Witch, Vision. Bookmark the permalink. 6 Comments.
Reblogged this on johnsonreginald3 and commented:
I think that it’s funny!
Irving Forbush as a marriage counselor? Hilarious!
I got a bit confused at first seeing Thor there on the couch.
The Thunder God is in his cups.
The creators of this strip are Tony Isabella, Paty (Greer-Cockrum), Duffy Vohland, Paul and Alan Kupperberg. Fans-on-the-verge-of-pro-dom way back then. Great piece/post!
Good eye, Groove, I knew I could count on you! Thanks for reading and commenting!
(And any Longbox Graveyard readers who are unfamiliar with Groove’s own site — the incomparable Diversions of the Groovy Kind — need to get over there, RIGHT NOW!)