“I just reached a settlement with Marvel over a character rights issue from David (Michelinie) and my days on Iron Man. Thx, Gary (Friedrich) for paving the way!”
— Comics creator Bob Layton on Twitter (see original tweet below, or read it here). Taken with the Ghost Rider settlement between Gary Friedrich and Marvel mentioned in Layton’s tweet, does this indicate that Marvel and Disney are putting their house in order when it comes to intellectual property rights for creators?
- Settlement reached in Marvel ‘Ghost Rider’ lawsuit (jsonline.com)
- Marvel Settles Copyright Case Over ‘Ghost Rider’ (variety.com)
- Marvel WON’T Lose The Rights To GHOST RIDER After Settling Lawsuit With Gary Friedrich (comicbookmovie.com)
- Ghost Rider legal battle settled (bbc.co.uk)
- Marvel, Gary Friedrich Agree to Ghost Rider Settlement (comicbookresources.com)
- Marvel Reaches Settlements with Gary Friedrich, Bob Layton (comicsbeat.com)