Happy Presidents’ Day From Longbox Graveyard
It is the Presidents’ Day holiday here in the States, where we celebrate all of our Presidents, great and small.
The holiday is primarily in honor of our first President, George Washington, born February 22nd, 1732, celebrated in history and song …
When I was a kid, we’d get two holidays in February — one for Washington’s birthday, and another in honor of Abraham Lincoln, born February 12th, 1809.
Nowadays we get just the one day off, in honor of all forty-three of our Presidents, including our current Chief Executive, Barrack Obama …
… and even the infamous Tricky Dick Nixon!
Whatever your nationality or political affiliation, happy Presidents’ Day from Longbox Graveyard!
- Longbox Graveyard Podcast: “The Dark Knight Rises” (longboxgraveyard.com)
- Longbox Graveyard Podcast: “A Tale of Two Pitches” (longboxgraveyard.com)
- Happy New Year From Longbox Graveyard (longboxgraveyard.com)
- Presidents’ Day (techlearning.com)
- Six Great Ideas for President’s Day Poems (poetry4kids.com)
- Happy Presidents’ Day (washingtonpost.com)
- Hell’s Kitchen Journal: President’s Day Is Just Wrong! (davidmixner.com)
Posted on February 18, 2013, in Announcements and tagged Abraham Lincoln, Barrack Obama, Comic Books, George Washington, Presidents Day, Richard Nixon. Bookmark the permalink. 7 Comments.
No love for “Prez”, huh?
There’s probably a whole column to be done on comic book Presidents, including Prez, Lex Luthor, and Captain America.
Maybe next year …
Pencil in the “Presidents in Comics” episode for next President’s Day? Or for election year 2016?
Hey, it’s a big enough leap for me to kinda-sorta commit to being around come Presidents’ Day 2014 … let’s not even think about 2016 yet!
Pingback: Longbox Graveyard Podcast: “Marvel Comics — A Space Odyssey” | Longbox Graveyard
Pingback: Longbox Soapbox (Fall 2011) | Longbox Graveyard
Pingback: Longbox Graveyard Is A Book Guy! | Longbox Graveyard