Happy Presidents’ Day From Longbox Graveyard
It is the Presidents’ Day holiday here in the States, where we celebrate all of our Presidents, great and small.
The holiday is primarily in honor of our first President, George Washington, born February 22nd, 1732, celebrated in history and song …
When I was a kid, we’d get two holidays in February — one for Washington’s birthday, and another in honor of Abraham Lincoln, born February 12th, 1809.
Nowadays we get just the one day off, in honor of all forty-three of our Presidents, including our current Chief Executive, Barrack Obama …
… and even the infamous Tricky Dick Nixon!
Whatever your nationality or political affiliation, happy Presidents’ Day from Longbox Graveyard!
- Longbox Graveyard Podcast: “The Dark Knight Rises” (longboxgraveyard.com)
- Longbox Graveyard Podcast: “A Tale of Two Pitches” (longboxgraveyard.com)
- Happy New Year From Longbox Graveyard (longboxgraveyard.com)
- Presidents’ Day (techlearning.com)
- Six Great Ideas for President’s Day Poems (poetry4kids.com)
- Happy Presidents’ Day (washingtonpost.com)
- Hell’s Kitchen Journal: President’s Day Is Just Wrong! (davidmixner.com)