By Any Other Name: Darkseid
How do YOU pronounce, “Darkseid?”
Jack Kirby‘s signature villain from The New Gods is one of the King’s greatest creations, a universe-spanning threat famous (infamous?) for his relentless pursuit of the Anti-Life Equation. He has battled the Justice League, appeared in cartoons …
… and gotten his own action figure …
… but he’s one of those characters — the kind with the name you’re not confident saying out loud.
Do we call him Dark-SEED? Or do we call him, Dark-SIDE?
(I’m inclined to call him, “Sir,” if I call him anything at all.)
There seems some consensus on the web that we should be calling this character Dark-SIDE, and no less an authority than Mark Evanier writes that is how Kirby himself referred to his creation.
But how do YOU pronounce this bad guy’s name? Take my poll!
Defend your choice in comments, below!
NEXT WEDNESDAY: #88 Fire And Ice
- Villain Revealed for JUSTICE LEAGUE Movie! (geektyrant.com)
- Will JUSTICE LEAGUE’s Villain Bring The Apokolips? (badassdigest.com)
- Will Darkseid be the big bad in the Justice League movie? (comicvine.com)
- Crisis on New Genesis: Is This the ‘Justice League’ Movie Plot? (comicvine.com)
- Justice League Movie Has Its Villain? (g4tv.com)
- Will It Be Darkseid Vs. Thanos in 2015 Superhero Movie Race? (geek-news.mtv.com)
- HOLLYWOOD JUSTICE #5: Who Is Darkseid? (splashpage.mtv.com)
- Justice League Villain Revealed? (comicbooked.com)
- Parting Shot: Thanos and Darkseid Discuss Coffee and Anti-Life in the Carpool Lane (comicsalliance.com)
- ‘Justice League’ Movie Finds Its Villain? (1340thefan.com)