Christmas is fast upon us and this week’s Super Tuesday seeks to put you in a superhero holiday mood. This Christmas wreath is largely without spirit, and appears quickly slapped together from Marvel clip-art but what’s most interesting to me is that image of Conan, bottom center, because it looks to me to have been drawn by Jack Kirby. If so, it was right at the end of Kirby’s final tenure with Marvel, as he transitioned to full-time film and animation work in 1979, the year this ad saw print.
Also of note — why does Luke Cage have blue teeth? And wouldn’t this have been a perfect time to have Luke declare, “Christmas!”
Merry Christmas, Mr. Cage!
Please accept these early season’s greetings from Longbox Graveyard, and join me here tomorrow when I offer the perfect holiday gift choices for the special geek in your life (who may very well be YOU!)
TOMORROW AT LONGBOX GRAVEYARD: Longbox Graveyard Comic Book Holiday Gift Guide
- Super Tuesday: Super-Hero Explosion! (longboxgraveyard.com)
- Tom Mason On Hating Mister Miracle #19 (longboxgraveyard.com)
- Super Tuesday: Gene The Dean (longboxgraveyard.com)
- Luke Cage: Where Do I Start? (ifanboy.com)
- #69 Marvel Comics: The Untold Story (longboxgraveyard.com)
- Marvel Studios President Kevin Feige On Jack Kirby And Bill Mantlo Film Credits (comicsalliance.com)
- Super Tuesday: Direct Currents (longboxgraveyard.com)
- Super Tuesday: A Doll By Any Other Name (longboxgraveyard.com)
- Super Tuesday: Trick Or Treat (longboxgraveyard.com)
- Super Tuesday: Marvel Horror Triple Feature (longboxgraveyard.com)