Sometimes a house ad points the way toward a special book. Sometimes the ads are better than the book! And sometimes, as in the case of this Super Tuesday spot, the ad … is all you get!
That is the case with this strange case of Doctor Strange, advertising a 1981 Frank Miller run on the book that never actually came to be. Who knows what may have happened if Mr. Miller had gone on to put his stamp on one of Marvel’s most most difficult-to-get-right characters?
(And if you like your doctors to be strange, don’t miss tomorrow’s column!)
TOMORROW AT LONGBOX GRAVEYARD: Greenlight: Doctor Strange
- Super Tuesday: Gene The Dean (longboxgraveyard.com)
- Super Tuesday: Super-Hero Explosion! (longboxgraveyard.com)
- George R.R. Martin would write Doctor Strange (with a catch) (robot6.comicbookresources.com)
- George R.R. Martin Wants to Write Doctor Strange (geeksyndicate.co.uk)
- Super Tuesday: What’s Wrong With This Picture? (longboxgraveyard.com)
- Super Tuesday: The Merry Marvel Marching Society (longboxgraveyard.com)
- Stan Lee Confirms DR. STRANGE and BLACK PANTHER Movies (geektyrant.com)