(Almost) Free Comics!
As part of my continuing quest to reduce my vast comics Accumulation I offer bulk comic book deals to you, my loyal Longbox Graveyard readers. You get comics, I get rid of comics, and eBay gets nothing (aside from PayPal fees, grr). Everyone is a winner!
Several semi-random lots of comics are available for purchase, in lots of approximately 50-80 books each, which coincidentally is just about as many books as you can safely ship in a single USPS Medium Flat Rate Box.
three flat rate boxes
four one! boxes available RIGHT NOW!
Comico and Eclipse. A whole whack of Robotech and Jonny Quest, plus a few Elementals and some oddities. You also get issues #1-20 of Airboy! Approximately 80 comics.
Semi-Random DC Box. Squint at the picture below to puzzle out exactly what you get in this box of approximately 80 DC books. You get Batman & The Outsiders, some titles from the 1990s line of Superman books, a few 1980s Flash, Secret Origins, and other surprises.
Second-String DC Heroes. Mostly 1980s Hawkman and Firestorm, also some pre-Alan Moore Saga of the Swamp Thing, and the first thirteen issues of Vigilante. You also get some Jack Kirby New Gods reprints and a few issues of the Return of the New Gods.
DC Short Runs. Several complete mini-series and odds and ends. The following mini-series are COMPLETE: Thriller 1-12, Cosmic Boy 1-4, Shadow War of Hawkman 1-4, Ambush Bug 1-4, Son of Ambush Bug 1-6, Shazam The New Beginning 1-4, The Weird 1-4 (made especially weird by some severely warped/crinkled covers), Doc Savage 1-4, Guns of the Dragon 1-4, and History of the DC Universe 1-2. You also get Spectre Vol. 2 1-6, Night Force 1-5, Captain Atom 1-6 & 8-10, and The Ray 2-5. Would you like a box of comics?
Write me — email@example.com — and I will send a box to you.
Here are the rules. OF COURSE there are rules!
1) U.S. addresses only, please. I love my Canadian and international readers but not enough to stand in line to fill out customs forms for you. Seriously, a line at a U.S. post office is the ninth circle of Hell. There’s a limit.
2) One box to a customer. First come, first-served, and after these three boxes are purchased, this deal is over.
3) You get what you get. I made every effort to ensure these lots are described accurately, and no duplicates, but there may be a stray book in your lot that breaks the rules. Each box is a unique entity, so if you want a specific box, it is first-paid, first-served.
4) All books are complete and in good condition. At least my my standards. If I got this box in the mail I’d be perfectly happy with condition. If you’re going to get hysterical over a corner ding or a creased cover or a slightly curled spine, then don’t buy them, please. (And if I overlook a significant defect in a book you are sent, please let me know and I will make it right).
5) No returns. This is a grab bag/dollar box/distressed seller/yard sale kind of deal and all sales are final. Lots are random and I won’t peak in a box or guarantee that you get any specific book aside from what I’ve listed above.
6) Finally … this isn’t really free. I want you to send me $25.00 for your box of comics. Your twenty-five bones will cover the $12.10 I will have to pay for postage and delivery confirmation, and the dozen dollars left over will afford me a shred of self-respect as I haul your heavy-as-a-box-of-bricks comic box to the post office on my lunch hour.
That’s it! Sound like fun? Of course it does! If you like comics this will be a fun thing for you. (I wouldn’t sell you books under any other circumstance.)
Here’s a video from a satisfied customer, the esteemed master of the Comic Talk Podcast:
If it helps, you can think of this as a pledge for the Longbox Graveyard memorial blogging fund that also gets you some comics as a premium for your contribution … except, of course, there’s no tax deduction (and no annoying Ken Burns testimonials, either).
pledge break — operators are standing by!
So email me — firstname.lastname@example.org — to make a deal and I’ll get your books to you ASAP.
Oh, and if you’ve been thinking about buying one of the books on my For Sale page — which are all cool books priced below guide — now would be a good time to add it to your order. I’ll stick it in your box and it can piggyback on the postage you’re already paying for your semi-random wad-o-comics.
(Lots that have already been sold are cataloged at my Departed page).
Thanks in advance from Longbox Graveyard!