By Any Other Name: Sub-Mariner
How do YOU pronounce, “?”
“Revenge is his motive and evil is his intent!” Cool! But confusion is also on Namor’s agenda.
He’s another one of those characters … the kind where you’re not quite sure how to say his name out loud.
I guess the above panel tells us what Roy Thomas thinks … but what do you call him? Sub-MARINE-er, or Sub-MARE-IN-er?
I’m not terribly concerned about rules or pronunciation or how Bill Everett said it (though both those things would be worth learning) — I’m more interested in how you’ve always heard the name of this character in your head while reading comics.
How do YOU pronounce this legendary anti-hero’s name? Take the poll!
Defend your choice in comments, below!
NEXT WEDNESDAY: #92 Top Ten Spider-Man Battles, Pt. 1
- What Happened Namor, the Sub-Mariner? (phdincomicbooks.com)
- #87 By Any Other Name: Darkseid (longboxgraveyard.com)
- Should Namor Be Held Responsible For The Destruction Of Wakanda? (comicvine.com)
- Knock offs, Rip offs and clones (graysonqueen.wordpress.com)
- The Amazing Everett (timebulleteer.wordpress.com)
- The Song of Red Sonja (longboxgraveyard.com)
- A Defense of Aquaman – From the Voice of Aquaman (kotaku.com)
- #90 Red Sonja (longboxgraveyard.com)
- My Top 10 Most Wanted Heroes (Marvel Heroes ARPGMMO) (jdsoutofhisbox.wordpress.com)